Bayside STEM offers many enrichment and extra-curricular activities in addition to its academic programs. Students can participate in those activities during lunch, after school, and during school breaks. From here, you can learn about and link to many of those activities, including Student Clubs, Sports, Music, and Special Events:
- Student clubs. Teachers, parents, and others lead a variety of clubs based on student interest. Current clubs include: Drama club, Math Club, Robotics Club, Newspaper club, Microscope Club, Chess Club, and Dance Team. New clubs are forming all the time. Go to the Clubs page for more details on club activities and meeting times, and on how to support existing clubs or establish new ones.
- Athletics. There are many opportunities for Bayside STEM students to participate in sports at different levels. The school has competitive teams this fall in Volleyball (girls) and flag football (boys) in the Fall, Basketball (girls/boys) in the Winter, and Track and Field (girls/boys) and soccer (girls/boys) in the Spring. There are also intramural sports programs, where Bayside students play each other, in basketball (winter), and other sports. Go to the Athletics/sports page for all the details, and see E*blast for updates.
- Music. Bayside STEM has an expanding music program, anchored in several music classes. Classes and performing groups include Concert Band, Advanced Concert Band and Orchestra. The group present their work at a Winter Concert and a Spring Concert. See the music page for details.
- Student Government and Community Service.There are various opportunities for students to serve the Bayside and broader community, including by serving as student government representatives, participating in community service activities (such as clean-ups, tutoring, etc.) at the school and beyond.
- Special assemblies. Students benefit from a range of special assemblies, with guest speakers and performers.
- Other special activities and events. In the course of the year, there are other fun and interesting special events for students, such as dances, field trips, a science fair, a talent show, outdoor education, and special class activities (e.g. 6th grade fun night). More details here.
- Intersession/summer activities. With the “year round” calendar, Bayside STEM students are off for three weeks each in October, late December/early January and late March/early April. The school publicizes to students some of the options for activities during that those “intersessions."