The following websites provide general information for the public about learning/attention difficulties. Some organizations offer parenting classes which cover a variety of topics, while others feature speakers who are recognized for their expertise in specific areas of parenting and/or health issues. These classes may serve as a helpful learning tool and/or an opportunity to share ideas with other parents. Please take time to preview the upcoming events listed on these websites to see if they may be of interest. As we are not always familiar with the content, we are unable to make specific recommendations.
- www.SchwabLearning.org Services for parents and educators to provide information, support and resources to improve the lives of students with learning differences. Visit www.SchwabLearning.org.
- www.ldonline.org LD OnLine is the leading website on learning disabilities, learning disorders and differences. Parents and teachers of learning disabled children will find authoritative guidance. Visit www.ldonline.org.
- www.allkindsofminds.org All Kinds of Minds is a non-profit Institute that helps students who struggle with learning measurably improve their success in school and life by providing programs that integrate educational, scientific, and clinical expertise. Visit www.allkindsofminds.org
- www.php.com. PHP provides education and skills training, information, guidance, and peer support for families with the unexpected diagnosis of and ongoing impact of childhood disabilities, including but not limited to intellectual, learning or physical disabilities and special health care needs. Visit www.php.com.
- www.chconline.org Our mission is to make a measurable difference in the lives of children and their families who face developmental, behavioral, emotional and learning challenges. Visit www.chconline.org.
- www.parentseducationnetwork.org A coalition of parents collaborating with educators and the community to help bring academic success to students with learning and attention difficulties. Visit www.parentseducationnetwork.org.
- www.commongroundspeakerseries.org Common Ground is a coalition of Bay Area schools that have joined together to enhance parent education. The goal of the coalition is to provide opportunities for parents and educators to learn from experts in a variety of fields, to share ideas with others, and to support each other's efforts to enrich our local communities. Visit www.commongroundspeakerseries.org.