The San Mateo-Foster City School district now requires that all parents who chaperone or drive for field trips and volunteer in the classroom be finger printed.
The Public School Live Scan Finger Print Service is required by law for all volunteers in the public schools. The service essentially requires you to provide a valid California Driver’s license and your fingerprint. The service runs your fingerprint through a Department of Justice database and verifies there is no criminal record.
Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation in this process. All of us want to do everything possible to ensure the health and safety of every child in our care.
How To Get Finger Printed
- Contact the UPS Store, at 650-598-9611 to arrange a private screening at their facility which is located at 951-2 Old Country Road in Belmont
- Be sure to pick up a Live Scan Service finger print form (3-ply copy) in the office prior to your scheduled appointment.
- At your appointment time go to the store with the following:
a. A $47 personal check or cash,
b. Driver’s license, and
c. Completed Live Scan Service Form (3 ply copy)
- Return the yellow part of the completed Live Scan Service form to the Bayside school office after you have been fingerprinted.
- The SM-FC school district will notify the school when the volunteer has been cleared to start working with students or driving on trips. It takes at least three weeks.
You only need to complete the application once and it will be valid for the time your have children in the San Mateo-Foster City School district (K-8) even if they change schools.
Those who drive students on field trips must still submit driver forms, driver’s license, and insurance information annually.
Click here for driver registration form.
If you have questions about this policy or process, please contact the school office.